Cornflake Candy

There are few foods I love more than peanut butter. As a child I would dip a teaspoon into the jar and fill it with smooth peanut butter. I would savor it slowly, like a special treat. I suppose this is much like some folks view chocolate. It's that moment when it enters your mouth and the taste is so delicious that it causes your eyes to close so you can fully concentrate on the taste.

While I don't do the teaspoon tasting anymore, I sure haven't given up my love for peanut butter. This candy is a special treat because it's made with -- ta da! -- peanut butter.

Cornflake Candy

1 cup Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
5 cups cornflakes

Cook Karo and sugar over medium heat until it reaches a white, rolling boil. Remove the mixture from the heat. Stir in peanut butter and cornflakes. Drop teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. It's best to have two spoons going. Use one to scoop and the other to shove it on to the wax paper. It is very sticky. Let it cool. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment