Lemon-Cream Cheese Pound Cake

 



I love the taste of lemons. I always have. I love lemon ice cream. I enjoy Lemon Icebox Pie. I adore Lemon Layer Cake. And now I have found a wonderful recipe for Lemon-Cream Cheese Pound Cake.

This wasn't the first Lemon Pound Cake recipe I have tried. The others were okay. I had high hopes for this one because it reminded me of the Pound Cake my Mother baked. It came from one of those old cookbooks compiled down in Chipley, Florida. I don't know Bobbie Smith but her recipe is divine!

It surpassed my expectations. It is moist and delicious. The lemon flavor isn't over-powering but is just right. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


Lemon-Cream Cheese Pound Cake


6 large eggs -- at room temperature

1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks) -- room temperature

1 8-oz. package cream cheese -- room temperature

3 cups sugar

3 cups cake flour -- sifted once

1 tablespoon lemon flavoring


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Line a tube cake pan with wax paper. Lightly spray the bottom and sides with PAM.

Cream the butter until smooth. Add the cream cheese. Then add the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Slowly add the flour. Add the lemon flavoring last.


Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until it's done. I test the cake with a wooden toothpick. If it comes out clean, it's done. Remember that every oven is different.


When done, remove the cake from the pan. You can wait until it's cool or enjoy a slice while it's warm. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment