Baked Ham

Has everyone had a wonderful Christmas? I did. I ate my way through. It was fabulous! I've never been one to run around during the holidays telling everyone what I can't eat or even what I shouldn't eat. I choose to eat too much. It's Christmas!!!

One staple of al lSouthern holiday dinners is Baked Ham. I supposed everyone has their own recipe for this. I got mine from my Mother years and years ago. I always used it and people love eating at my house. Well, this year she decided to use a different recipe. I didn't even know that was allowed! I thought there was some kind ofrule that says mothers always have to use the same, good recipes they've always used. The new recipe was fine. But not the same. Christmas is filled with traditions. So here's my recipe for Baked Ham!I know you'll love it!

Baked Ham
Ham -- I prefer the pre-sliced kind
brown sugar
coke -- the real stuff, no diet or cherry flavored allowed

Use two sheets of tin foil to make a "nest" for the ham. Place in a baking pan with at least 2" sides. Put ham in its nest. Place brown sugar on the ham. I pat it all over so that the ham is coated in brown sugar. Pour the coke on top of this. Now you know why you needed a pan with sides on it.

Bake in a 325 degree oven 20 minutes for each pound of ham. Serve warm.

If you're lucky you can use leftovers for sandwiches. Just take sliced ham and place on a croissant. Add mustard, lettuce, cheese. Even tomato, if you must. Watch everyone around you eye your lunch with envy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment