Fettuccine With Cheese Sauce

This recipe is one I clipped from a magazine some time ago. I don't know which magazine. I only know that I love pasta and cheese. Yeah.

Fettuccine With Cheese Sauce

12 oz. fettuccine pasta
2 cups frozen green peas
2 teaspoons minced garlic
5 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves (5 oz.)
1 1/4 cups bottled Alfredo sauce
1/3 cup milk
1 quart cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half (if desired)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Put frozen peas in colander set in the sink.

While pasta cooks, coat a large skillet with nonstick spray. Heat over medium-low heat, add garlic and cook 1 minute or until soft. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted. Stir in Alfredo sauce and milk. Cook 1 to 2 minutes to heat.

Drain pasta over peas in colander. This helps thaw the peas. Transfer to a large serving bowl and add sauce and tomatoes. I don't like tomatoes, so I skip that step. Toss to mix and coat.

Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment