Two-Cheese Enchiladas

I have cheese enchiladas. Love them! I always tell myself I'll order something else when I go our to eat Mexican food. Nope. I gaze at the menu and remind myself that I rarely get out anymore. So I order them again. Now, I can make them at home. And so can you!

Two-Cheese Enchiladas

1 15-oz container part-skim ricotta cheese
3 1/2 cups (packed) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 14 oz), divided
2 cups bottled mild green taco sauce, divided
1 4-oz can diced mild green chilies
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnishing
5 tablespoons corn oil
12 6-inch corn tortillas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix ricotta, 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 cup taco sauce, chilies, onions and 1/4 cup cilantro in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.

Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Using tongs, add tortillas one at a time to oil. Fry just until softened, about 5 seconds per side. Transfer tortillas to paper towels and drain.

Spread one cup taco sauce over bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Spoon generous 1/4 cup filling into center of one tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; roll up tortilla to enclose the filling. Place seam side down in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Top with 1/2 cup taco sauce and one cup Monterey Jack cheese.

Bake enchiladas, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cilantro.

Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment