Pina Colada Salad

The newspaper clipping is old. Yellowed. I have no idea which newspaper it came from. I've kept it for a long, long time just waiting for the moment when I found it at the same time I actually needed it. Know what I mean? So I'm sharing it with everyone so that we all can enjoy it.
 
Pina Colada Salad

1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
One 15 1/2-ounce can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drain and reserve syrup
water
1/2 cup sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Two 3-ounce packages cream cheese
1 orange peeled, sectioned and chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup coconut

Soften gelatin in cold water. Let stand 5 minutes.

Add enough water to pineapple syrup to make 1 cup. Heat to boiling, add gelatin and stir. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, lemon juice and cream cheese. Blend, then chill until partially set.

Add pineapple, orange, pecans and coconut. Spoon into lightly greased (use  non-stick spray) 1-quart mold. Chill.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment