Taco Hash Brown Casserole

 

This is my favorite Crock-Pot recipe. For a time, it was my only Crock-Pot recipe. I came to Crock-Pot cooking late in life. It was my husband’s specialty. I cooked and baked everything else.

 

Then came the season when I was craving this casserole and he kept making excuses. Anybody know what I’m talking about? So one day I just went into the kitchen and got it done. It tasted just like the one he made so I was hooked! But, many recipes later, this is still my favorite.

 

I did learn from my husband to ALWAYS use a plastic slow cooker liner in the Crock-Pot. And, yes, that’s the brand of slow cooker that we use. The liner makes cleanup quick and easy.

 

I get my ground beef at Wal-Mart. It’s 97 percent fat free. We’ve reached the age where that sort of thing matters.

 

I also use powdered garlic. It’s by McCormick. Just ¼ teaspoon per garlic and it’s so much easier than doing it the old-fashioned way. I’m all about easy and quick. I also use McCormick taco seasoning packets.

 

The Cheddar Cheese soup is by Campbell’s. The shredded hash browns are Wal-Mart’s Great Value brand. No need to thaw unless it's necessary to break the hash browns up so you can stir them into the other ingredients.

 

The shredded cheddar cheese – also a Wal-Mart brand – is a staple at our house.

 

I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. It’s quick, easy and yummy!

 

 

Taco Hash Brown Casserole

in the Crock-Pot

 

1 lb. ground beef

2 cloves garlic

1 taco seasoning packet (1 oz.)

1 can cheddar cheese soup (10.5 oz.)

1 bag frozen shredded hash browns (26 oz.)

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

 

Brown the ground beef. Drain.

 

In a large bowl, mix ground beef with garlic, taco seasoning, cheddar cheese soup, frozen hash browns and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together and pour into the Crock-pot. Smooth until it’s evenly distributed. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top.

 

Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.

 

Makes 4 generous servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment